American Visa

American Visa

Visit the United States is the dream of most people. The country of the greatest and best opportunities opens its doors for visitors and professionals who have the correct visa to visit, study and live.

At FREEDOM we prepare all the documentation for you to get your visa safely, quickly and calmly.

US tourist and business visa – B1/B2

The visa for the US for tourism and business, also known as B1 (business)/B2 (tourism) is intended for people who want to go to the United States for sightseeing, tourism, visiting relatives or doing business on North American soil.

The more ties you have, the greater the chances of getting your long-awaited visa to the United States.

The American consulate requires the presence of the person in the interview. We can represent renewal of visas that expired in the last 12 months, children under 13 years old and people over 80 years old.

We give you all advice regarding the documents that you must send at the time of the interview, as well as filling out the form that has about 233 questions. We also make the appointment for the closest available date according to your availability.

US study visa – F1

The F1 visa is the most common visa applied for by students. This is the visa for those who want to study in the United States.

If you want to study an undergraduate course at an American University, take an English course at such an institution or participate in an intensive English course at a language school, you must apply for the F1 visa.

To apply for this visa, you must already have admission to the desired course. That is, you must first be accepted by a SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Programme) certified school.

SEVP is the Student and Exchange Visitor Program, which is affiliated with the US Department of Homeland Security to manage foreign students and exchange visitors in the United States through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

Each educational institution has its own requirements for granting a student visa. Please note that FREEDOM has an Education Adviser service that helps students gain admission to universities in and outside of Japan. This is the safest way to be able to study abroad.

Application process


Inquire with FREEDOM

The first step is to ask our consultants about the best type of visa for you. There are more than 180 types of US visas and some are easier than others to obtain.


Explanatory meeting

It is important to understand your process, to guide you correctly. So, schedule an appointment and have a free consultation with our consultants on how to proceed to get the visa.


Payment of fees

This is the time to fill out the service contract, pay the fees for the consulate and FREEDOM service. After that, we will start the service to get your visa.


Gather the necessary documents

Our consultants will advise you on which documents you will need to submit, providing you with templates to be submitted for the employer to fill out, and more.


Sending documents

We will fill out the forms and send them to the consulate along with all your documents, after that we will schedule the interview at the consulate quickly and safely.



We will prepare you for the interview, guiding you through all the steps that the US Consulate may require. This way you will do the interview safely and confidently.


What documents do I need to apply for a visa?

This will depend on the type of visa. In general financial, school and other documents.

How long does it take to issue the visa?

After submission of documents, approximately 30 days.

How long will the visa last?

For tourist visa on average 10 years.

How do I apply for a US visa?

The applicant may place the entire application through FREEDOM. Remember that all those interested in applying for a visa must make two appointments, one for the collection of biometric information at the Visa Applicant Service Center (CASV) and another for a visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate.

I am Filipino. Do I need a visa to enter the United States?

Yes. A valid visa to enter the United States of America (USA) is required for all Filipino citizens, including children, even if simply transiting through an airport in the United States. However, if you are a dual national and hold a passport from one of the countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program, you may not need a U.S. visa for tourism, business, or transit travel if your passport meets the requirements of the Visa Waiver Program from the American government.

Do I need a visa even if I am just transiting the United States?

Yes. All passengers transiting through the United States require an appropriate visa for this purpose (transit visa).

Do EU passport holders need a visa?

It depends on the reason of the trip, the date the passport was issued or renewed and the nationality of your passport. Generally, passport holders from countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program do not require a visa to travel to the US for business or tourism for less than 90 days, as long as their current passports are barcoded, machine readable and are within the other standards required by the US government.

I am not Filipino. Can I apply for a visa in Japan?

The Embassy and all Consulates accept applications from all people who ordinarily reside in Japan (Filipino and foreigners). If you are not Filipino, but your usual residence is in Japan, you must follow the same process as Filipinos and schedule your interview to apply for the visa.

If, however, you are a foreign national who does not reside in Japan and plan to apply for a visa during your visit to Japan, we recommend that you apply for your visa in your country of origin or your country of usual residence. If you decide to apply for your visa in Japan, please note that there is no guarantee that your visa will be approved, as consular authorities may find themselves in a position where they will not be able to properly assess your application.

If I am not a Filipino citizen or if I am Filipino but also have another nationality, will I still have to pay the additional visa fees?

It depends. If you intend to travel using your Filipino passport, then the fees have to be paid. If, however, you are traveling on a valid passport from the other country of which you are also a national, then these additional fees may differ. Please refer to the information for your country. Please also note the information provided below regarding applicants from other countries who wish to apply for US visas in Japan.

Do I need to show my airline ticket when applying for a visa?

This is not a required document to apply for a visa. In addition, we do not recommend purchasing an airline ticket before obtaining a visa. However, you may be required to present your travel reservations upon arrival in the United States.

Can I schedule the interview for me and my family at the same time?

You can schedule an interview for up to ten people from the same family at the same time. You will have to complete a DS-160 form and pay a visa application fee (MRV) for each family member.

Which consulate will I do my interview

Applicants residing in the above Shizuoka-ken prefectures will be interviewed at the consulate in Tokyo. Applicants residing in the Aichi-ken prefectures below will be interviewed at the consulate in Osaka.

Do I have to attend the Consulate in person?

All applicants who do not meet one of the interview waiver criteria and who are not renewing their visa must appear in person at the US Embassy or Consulate for which they are scheduled.

If my visa is granted, how will I get my passport back?

The average processing time is ten (10) business days after the Consulate/Embassy interview, unless administrative processing is required. We recommend that applicants do not make any travel reservations before receiving their passport with visa.

How are applicants who do not speak English or cannot speak English?

Applicants who speak English or Japanese will have no problems during the interview. There are some agents at the consulate who might be able to speak Tagalog (not guaranteed). In any case NEVER say “YES” or “NO” if you are not sure.


FREEDOM has the most complete visa service in all of Japan, including but not limited to:

  • Case-by-case analysis
  • Best visa recommendation
  • Submission of model letters to fill out
  • Filling out the form
  • Payment of consulate fees
  • Interview schedule
  • English support

All this for ¥88,000~.

* Please note that any translation of documents is not included in this price.

Visa Support

If you need to get your visa and need personalized and unique support, come to FREEDOM. We help foreigners in Japan to obtain visas for several countries including the United States, Canada, Australia, England, China, Vietnam and several other countries.

Start the visa application here

Contact us for more information